Vacation in Caesarea: Fun and relaxation a year round
Caesarea is an ancient port city on the Mediterranean Sea constructed between 22 and 10 BC by King Herod the Great. Today Caesarea is a thriving town combining quality of life with Eco friendly life style, all in the beautiful seaside setting right next to the archaeological wonders that remained in the area. Caesarea offers many attractions: the historic sea port, cafes and restaurants, a pastoral beach, diving club and fascinating underwater archaeological park where one can discover the ancient port and building systems, international golf courses and open green spaces.
A Caesarea holiday offers a wide range of possibilities for vacation and recreation:
- Caesar Spa- within a short distance from the Vila, this luxurious spa is the ultimate place for a pampering experience. the Spa offers a variety of Massages and beauty treatments, as well as a Sauna and a traditional Turkish bath- just like the ones in the old and glorious days of the Roman empire. for a perfect day of relaxation you can also enjoy a delicious treat at the Spa’s Cafe, and with custom Spa Packages for Villa Raphael’s guests, a day at the spa is just too good to pass on.
- The Old City – tourists can view Herod the Great’s splendid port, the hippodrome and bathhouses, the reef palace, and the Cardo -the heart of the city, amphitheatre, “time-travel” experience, a walk among the art galleries, culinary enjoyment at the restaurants, summer cultural events, film, jazz, and other music festivals, receiving the Shabbat at sunset to music, Tai Chi courses and open air morning and evening meditation with the sea and the city walls as background.
- Golf Club – The only one of its kind in Israel, this professional golf course was designed by Pete Dye, the world’s leading golf architect. The club offers courses with experienced teachers.
- Ralli Museum for International Art – A museum of Latin-American art founded by Harry Recanati, an avid art collector, who devoted his life to art. The museum offers free admission, and contains permanent exhibitions of Latin American art and works by Salvador Dali, as well as hosting temporary modern art exhibitions. During the spring, concerts and recitals of classical music are held. The museum building is an impressive example of Spanish architectural design, overlooking green lawns, trees and the sea.
- Caesarea Amphitheatre – One of the earliest amphitheatres in the world. The amphitheatre was built during the time of Herod the Great and was active for hundreds of years, until the Byzantine era. Today, the amphitheatre serves as a concert arena for artists from Israel and all over the world.